Monday, November 18, 2019

Thanksgiving Resources for Elementary Learners

It's a busy busy time of year in schools! With the upcoming rush of holidays, it can be a challenge to keep learners on-task and engaged. It's a good time of year to take a dive into new, creative activities! 

As a Teacher on Special Assignment (TOSA), I collect and curate resources for the teachers I support. A couple years ago, I created this Thanksgiving Google Site, loaded with videos, games, and activities for this busy, THANKFUL holiday time. I was inspired by a similar website by the Tech TOSAs at Union School District in California. Google Sites is an awesome way to package resources and make them accessible to students! 




On several of the pages, I have embedded Padlet activities. I love how Padlet adds the opportunity for collaboration across my schools. I have the Padlets moderated, which means all posts have to be approved by ME before other students can see them.

Additionally, I share a Google Doc to all of the teachers that lists several Seesaw, Epic, and Googley activities. These are all resources that teachers can find on their own, but I like to keep a running list so they are easy to access and don't take a ton of time for teachers to access. 

Access the document here. Please feel free to copy and share! 


For additional Fall-themed resources, this Pumpkin Time collection has interactive graphing and creative pumpkin activities appropriate for grades K-3. Press the blue USE TEMPLATE button to get your own copy.







No comments:

Post a Comment